Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

Sorry about the lame title; I wanted to come up with something Easter-y, but that was the closest I got.

Brendan and I are driving to Fort Worth tomorrow to spend Easter Sunday with his family. We couldn't leave town earlier because Brendan has to work today, so we're heading out early tomorrow morning instead and meeting everyone for the late service. I also get to see Baby Allison for the first time since she was born, so I'm really excited about that. I'm sure she's grown a lot.

Words cannot express how happy and relieved I am that Comps is over; I feel like I have my life back. For the past three months, I couldn't do just about anything without thinking about the Comps homework I was putting off. Now I can read for fun, watch TV, or just be lazy without worrying about all the work I'll have to do later. I only have homework for two classes now that Comps is finished, so the rest of the school year will be a breeze. I've also had the last few days off from school, so I've been intentionally lazy; it's been downright wonderful.

Now I can finally start looking forward to graduation next month. For the longest time, I didn't want to get excited about graduation because Comps was all I could think about, and I didn't want to jinx Comps by looking ahead to graduation. (I know, I'm weird like that.) So, now I can finally count down to the date in about a month when I get my Master's Degree. (!)

2 comments:

Meagan White said...

Congrats, Erin! I'm glad you get some down time; it sounds like you deserve it. I wish I was only a month away from getting my Masters - I'm 14 months! Man...

Kayla said...

Yay, Erin! I'm so proud of you for passing your comps. Sorry I didn't comment sooner. I had a really busy week last week! Which graduation cermony will you be in? My sister's in the first one, I think. I'll e-mail you soon about possibly getting together that weekend.