Friday, April 18, 2008

9 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. In middle school, I was in band for a brief period. I wanted so badly to play the flute, because all the cool girls played flute, but I got stuck with the baritone horn, thanks to my band instructor; he said my big lips prevented me from playing it. I was crushed, but I ending up being darn good on the baritone.

2. I love poodles. My family has always had poodles, and they're such wonderful pets. Call me an old lady, but I really want to have one when Brendan and I get a dog.

3. I have really small toenails. I mean, freakishly-small toenails. Whenever I get a pedicure, the nail person always gives me a funny look and laughs when she first sees my feet.

4. The children's book Love You Forever makes me cry every single time.

5. In high school I played a Puerto Rican in West Side Story, if you can believe that. They only cast me for the role because I could sing, so I was Consuelo, the blond-haired, green-eyed Puerto Rican.

6. I love yoga. I started practicing it in college when I took a summer course, and I've loved it ever since. Some day, I'd love to be a licensed yoga teacher and teach some classes part-time.

7. I judge people by their poor grammar. Not in a mean way, but it really bugs me when people mess up things like "I" and "me" or "who" and "whom;" it's like nails on a chalk board. I guess that's why I became an English major.

8. I'm a forensic science nerd. I'm obsessed with shows like CSI and Medical Detectives, and as weird as it sounds I'm fascinated by stuff like that. I could never be a forensic scientist in real life, though, because the tedium of cataloging a crime scene and the like would drive me crazy; I'm a very macro person and can't handle small, detail-oriented tasks.

9. I'm obsessed with cake. Really, I am. Some people crave chips and salsa or ice cream; I crave cake. It's my very favorite dessert. Naturally, our wedding cake was very important to me. The cake is one of the best parts of a wedding, and I can't stand it when I wait in line at a reception, only to receive a lousy piece of cake. So, we visited about six places for wedding cake until we finally found the one that was up to my standards. And it was perfect!

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

I was recently bit by the yoga bug. It is a really great workout, so tell me when you start that class - I will definitely enroll.