Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Book Withdrawals

I just finished my first pleasure-reading book of the summer, Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air. I've been gnawing on this book since the middle of May, and now that I've finished it I'm experiencing book withdrawals. Maybe it's the English nerd in me, but whenever I finish a book in which I have become emotionally invested, and have become so familiar with the characters that I feel as if I know them, I mourn the book just a tiny bit when I come to the end. I think to myself, "There has to be more. It can't be over!" Only meaningful books do this to me, though. I always felt this way after I finished a Harry Potter book.

And what book, you ask, will I move on to next? John Green's Looking for Alaska. As much as I loved Into Thin Air, as much as I didn't want the book to end, it was pretty depressing. I need some fiction to perk me up.


You know you want to read it.

1 comment:

Aja said...

Hey Erin!
I just found your blog--I've enjoyed browsing it. Landon and I just got a library card last week since it's summer, and we've been on a reading kick ever since. We turned the TV on today for the first time in days. And I so feel your book withdrawals--I just finished a book today that I've been really into.
Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying summer--hopefully we can you guys soon!
Aja