Friday, July 4, 2008

I'm a Big Kid Now

For the first time in my life, I'm beginning to feel like an adult. I graduated from college, started grad school, got married, and am financially independent. I can't sleep in past 9:30 in the morning, and riding those scary roller coasters at Six Flags make me feel as if I'm going to black out.

So, I've tried to channel all that adult-ness into my morning cereal. I've always been a cereal girl; I turn my nose up at bagels, Poptarts, and any other breakfast food that I can't pour milk on and eat with a spoon. And don't even think about convincing me to go without breakfast - do you want to see me pass out before 10:30?

Over the last several months, I've tried to wean my palate off the sugary kiddie cereals that are so near and dear to my heart and move on to more substantial adult cereals: Kashi, Raisin Bran, Fiber One. However, my heart just isn't in it. (Have you ever tried Fiber One? "Twigs" have no place in one's cereal, even if they are fiber-y.) So, it's back to the old tried and true - Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs. I figure all that peanut butter makes it a little healthier than Cocoa Pebbles, right? Right?



No comments: