Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Countdown

On Thursday morning, Brendan and I will fly to Coshocton, Ohio, for Clay and Heather's wedding! I can't believe it's almost here. They got engaged a few days before Brendan and I were married, so it feels unreal that their wedding is only days away. (That means Brendan and I have been married for seven months! Weird.) I just want to get to Ohio. I'm so excited about the weekend that I want to start packing, but I'm forcing myself to wait one more day before piling everything into my suitcase. I can't wait to see my family and start enjoying all the wedding festivities. We're having karaoke at the rehearsal dinner, so I've been thinking long and hard about what I want to sing.

The other day, I was in David's Bridal trying to find some earrings for my bridesmaid dress. (Actually, it's a groom's attendant dress; I'm standing on Clay's side, which I think is wonderful.) I walked into the store and felt a little bit smothered by all the veils and guest books and puffy dresses. Brendan was with me, and on the way out I told him, "I am so glad that I'm done with being engaged."

I was talking to Clay the other day, asking him about the wedding, and he told me this story that he'd heard from an older woman at his church. Her daughter, engaged and very stressed out about wedding planning, said, "Mom, I thought being engaged was supposed to be fun!" The mom replied, "No dear, being engaged is awful, but after the wedding life is so wonderful." Yep, that sounds about right.


The smitten kittens

No comments: