Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Count 'Em... Six

I got some exciting news this morning when I went for my normal dentist check-up: I have six cavities. Yaaay! Going in I knew that I probably had one cavity, but certainly not six. I'm kind of embarrassed by it, too. I mean, I'm 23! It's not like I go around eating candy all day like a small child and never taking care of my teeth. The dentist told me I had pretty teeth, though, so that softened the blow a bit.

While the dentist was informing me of the cavity count, I seriously flashed back to a seven-year-old Erin leaned back in that wonky chair with the dentist telling me not to eat too much sugar and to always brush my teeth.

At least I'm getting everything taken care of in two deeply-numbed visits, and then this cavity nightmare will be over.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm so sorry, Erin! I never had any cavities until I was about 16. My hygienist told me that the enamel gets weaker as you get older, so sometimes damage that's been there a long time will finally break through. And, hey, it could be worse. You could be out $500 for a root canal like me. :)