Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brrr!

Thank, you icy weather! You canceled classes today! Although you have made my house freezing cold...

ACU canceled classes today because of the icky, icy weather outside. It's kind of a moot point for me, though, since I don't have classes on Tuesday/Thursday anyway. But my two meetings were canceled, so that's a good thing! And I also don't feel guilty about hanging around the house in my pajamas. But seriously, couldn't the cold weather have picked a Monday, Wendesday, or Friday to ice over? That would have been awesome.

ACU is notoriously bad about communicating to students when classes are canceled due to bad weather; they just can't make up their mind. One year I kept checking my e-mail right up until I left for my 9:30 class, waiting for news of a cancellation and hoping I wouldn't have to drive on the ice. I finally gave up and drove to school, and as I was walking to class I ran into a professor who asked me why I was on campus, since classes were canceled. It turns out the administration closed the school at 9:28 or something. Smart.

I really do love the cold weather, though. I always get a little excited when the weather gets cold enough to wear my heavy coat, thick sweaters, gloves, and scarf. I suppose it stems from growing up in San Antonio, where the weather never, ever gets cold; you can wear flip-flops every day of the year and be just fine. During my first semester of college, I remember thinking how bizarre it was that I had to buy a coat and closed-toed shoes to wear during the winter. I'd probably go crazy if I lived somewhere really cold where it stays cold, but right now I'm enjoying this chilly Abilene weather.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Lucky! We got 4 inches of snow yesterday and no snow day. :(
I also remember the time they canceled classes like two minutes before class. Brittany and I were so ticked!