Thursday, February 26, 2009

D.C.

Brendan and I are taking our first married vacation this summer to Washington D.C. This vacation has been a long time coming; we intended to take one last summer, but because of work schedules and other summer craziness we never got around to it. We're flying out the week after I graduate, so it's a combination graduation celebration/vacation. What a wonderful way to celebrate finishing two tough years of grad school. I went to D.C. with my family when I was in high school, but it will be nice to view the city with fresh (and more mature) eyes, and to experience it with Brendan.

2 comments:

Kalyn Gensic said...

That's so exciting! BJ and I are also trying to plan are first "married trip". We are thinking about New Orleans. I love DC, though. Yall will have a great time!

Kayla said...

How fun! I love DC. You have to go to the FDR memorial and Arlington Cemetery. And, of course, all of the Smithsonians. I'm jealous. I still don't have vacation from work until October. But, we are going to Chicago for the weekend in a few weeks!