Thursday, June 18, 2009

Away We Go

Well, it's official: I have a job! A few hours after my interview on Monday, the principle called and offered me a job teaching Sophomore English. I didn't expect any job offers this soon, but when he offered me the position I didn't feel like I could turn it down in this job market. So San Antonio, here we come.

As thrilled as I am to have a job, and to know where we'll be living, it feels kind of weird to be moving back home; we never planned on moving to San Antonio, and I certainly never thought I'd be teaching at my old high school. But that's the way the cards fell, and sometimes wonderful blessings can arise out of something unexpected.

Next on the agenda: getting Brendan a transfer to a store in San Antonio. I'm hoping he gets one very soon, in part because we can't technically do any planning/moving until he has a job. I can't wait to start apartment hunting!

No comments: