Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home, Sweet Abilene

Brendan and I returned from D.C. on Sunday evening, which marks the official end to the Super-Vacation. I had a great time, and I'll post about that trip very soon. But, the most exciting news of the week is...

I have a job interview at my old high school on Monday. I had been (and still am) a little antsy about not hearing anything from school districts, so I decided to e-mail my cover letter to a couple of principals from my old school district. I figured that I wouldn't hear anything back from them, or at the very most receive a "thanks, but no thanks" reply, but it was worth a shot. Surprisingly, one of them responded that he'd like to interview me. I guess the lesson to be learned is, never underestimate the power of pestering the person who has the ability to hire you.

I'm not crazy about moving back to San Antonio because I'd rather move somewhere new and have an adventure, but I certainly won't turn down anything; in this economy, I just want a job. So, if you feel like it, please send happy thoughts and prayers my way on Monday morning.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm praying, Erin! Let us know how it goes.