Friday, May 29, 2009

Catching My Breath

Brendan and I arrived back in town late, late last night from our wonderful trip to Washington State to visit Clay and Heather. I had so much fun, and updates from that trip will be posted soon. I'm so glad to be home and sleep in my own bed, but we're leaving again tomorrow evening for our vacation to D.C. Craziness.

One totally awesome thing about our trip to D.C.: we're getting a tour of the White House! Brendan e-mailed our senator around Christmastime to see if we could book tours of some of the more exclusive spots in D.C., like the Supreme Court and the Bureau of Engraving (where the government prints the money). I knew that we wouldn't find out if we got the tours until a few weeks before our trip, but when we didn't hear anything by late May I assumed that we didn't get them. Lo and behold, last week we got an e-mail from our senator saying that we were signed up for every tour we requested. I'm beyond excited, especially to see the White House.

No comments: