Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Transitions

I graduate from grad school on Saturday, which is CRAZY! It feels so surreal that this moment is finally here. I can't relax just yet, though, because I have to finish a take-home final and a paper, and grade a set of finals before my summer officially begins. No worries, though; it'll all get done. Also, pretty much my whole extended family is coming up for my graduation, which I'm really excited about. However, if you know my family, you know it'll be one loud, chaotic weekend.

I'm kind of in limbo on the job front, but that's to be expected. I know that school districts don't officially start the hiring process until the tail end of the school year, but I'd just like to know where I'm going to live and work. Because the job situation is up in the air, this will be the first summer since high school that I won't have a summer job. I'm looking forward to no responsibilities and sleeping in, but, knowing me, I'll probably get bored pretty quickly. But, it'll give me some time to catch up on my pleasure reading and visit some friends and family here and there.

No comments: