Monday, May 18, 2009

Super-Vacation

My summer officially began on Tuesday when I turned in my English 107 grades, which was a wonderful moment for so many reasons. I've been delightfully lazy for the past week, sleeping in, watching numerous backlogged episodes of CSI on DVR, and reading copiously. My laziness won't last long, though: we're about to embark upon our super-vacation.

Brendan and I will be gone for the next two weeks visiting my brother and his wife in Washington State, and then vacationing in D.C. Since our trip is so lengthy, and we'll be hitting up both Washingtons, I've dubbed it the super-vacation. We are flying to Washington on Sunday and will arrive back in town on Thursday, and then we head to D.C. on Monday and return on Saturday. (Whew. It makes me a little exhausted, but excited, just thinking about our crazy itinerary.) We didn't plan our trips to be back-to-back, but that's the way Brendan's work schedule fell.

I'm really excited about both trips, and they'll be special for different reasons; I can't wait to see Heather and Clay, and the trip to D.C. will be our very first married vacation. Washingtons, here we come.

No comments: