Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have a full week off from school this week, so I'm (finally) enjoying being lazy and not doing anything. As much as I love my job, it can be very exhausting in many ways, so I'm looking forward to re-charging and enjoying some time with family.

We're traveling to Sugar Land on Wednesday to spend the holiday with Brendan's family. It's the first time for me to spend Thanksgiving with his side, which seems crazy since we've been married for almost two years. Being introduced to another family's holiday traditions and foods is always interesting, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the Vosses celebrate. Hopefully it will include the Cowboy game and a long post-lunch nap.

One more thing to be thankful for this time of year: my baby niece. I get to see her this week for the first time since July, and I cannot wait. Babies make everything better, and I can't wait to snuggle with her, or at least try to catch her as she's crawling madly across the room.

No comments: