Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Family Mooch Week: A Look Back

Brendan and I had a wonderful Spring Break with our families! We left early on Monday morning for Sugar Land and spent the day bumming around town with his parents and doing a little shopping. I had wedding credit left to spend and thoroughly enjoyed bringing home bag-fuls of stuff without spending a penny. We hung out with our good friends Landon and Aja all day on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we took it easy around the house. Just so you know, I have no pictures of our stay in Sugar Land because I just plain forgot to take any. But I do have some of San Antonio. Speaking of...

We arrived in San Antonio around lunchtime on Thursday. I did a little shopping with my mom, and we hung out with my parents that night. On Friday we went to the Witte Museum downtown and saw this really cool -- but very creepy -- exhibit called Our Body: The Universe Within. It's basically a knock-off of Body Worlds (if you've heard of that), and it showed human bodies that have been plastinated and posed to reveal the intricacies of the human body -- muscles, nerves, and all. It was pretty intense, but overall I enjoyed it. Saturday we visited the Zoo, which was wonderful. I hadn't been to the San Antonio Zoo since high school, and it was so much fun going back with Brendan. My grandmother came down for a lovely Easter Sunday, and we headed back that night. Overall, it was a very relaxing and fun trip.



Sprinkles cupcakes! If you've never had a Sprinkles cupcake, you are missing out on one of the joys of life. When visiting my old roommate Stephanie last month we went to the Sprinkles cupcake bakery in Dallas, and that cupcake changed my life. Seriously. They only have a handful of locations in the entire country, but I found their cupcake mix in Williams-Sonoma and made them in San Antonio. Mine were almost as good as the real thing. Let me tell you about the icing, so you can really understand these cupcakes. The recipe calls for two sticks of butter and about four cups of powdered sugar. Wow.



This is my puppy dog, Abby! Brendan and I aren't allowed to have a dog at out current place, so it's always fun and entertaining to have her around when we're home. Playing with her makes me realize how much I miss having a dog.


Doesn't he make a beautiful butterfly? This was taken at the Zoo.



Yes, that is a bird on my head. At the Zoo, we visited an aviary with live birds flitting around, and you can feed them nectar in little Dixie cups. One decided to perch right on my head for about two minutes.



Our friends Brandi and P.A. got married on Friday, so we trekked downtown for their beautiful wedding. This was our first wedding to attend since getting married ourselves, and weddings mean so much more now. As I watched Brandi walk down the aisle, I was reminded of the emotions I felt on my own wedding day, and it brought everything back. I remember how excited I was to walk down the aisle to Brendan; he was all I could see. Weddings are more special now because I remember how much I loved Brendan on that day, and how I love him even more now.

No comments: