Saturday, March 8, 2008

Family Mooch Week

My Spring Break begins next week, and I really need it; I'm very ready for some time off from all the monotony of weekly readings and papers. We originally planned on Brendan taking the entire week off for Family Mooch Week (as I've dubbed it) and spending several days with each set of parents. But unfortunately (for Brendan), he's having his wisdom teeth out on Thursday, so an abbreviated Family Mooch Week starts on Wednesday! We're leaving that morning for Sugar Land and heading to San Antonio on Friday. I'm excited about our little adventure!

Also, I'm really looking forward to spending Easter with my parents. I've made pilgrimages to San Antonio for Easter every spring since my first year of college, and my visit has sort of become a tradition. Every year, my mom and I shop ourselves to exhaustion for new spring clothes at La Cantera and North Star Mall. Easter Baskets, courtesy of the Easter Bunny (a.k.a. my mom), "magically" appear by the fireplace when I awaken on Sunday morning, with Mom chirping, "Erin, the Easter Bunny came!" And I gorge at Sunday lunch on whatever vice I happened to give up for Lent (This year it's chocolate. Pray for my waste-line once Lent is over). I'm glad Brendan can share in these family traditions.
And I've already warned him about the Easter Baskets.

1 comment:

hbu said...

How come you no inform me you have a blog? I sneaky, though and I find it.