Friday, May 9, 2008

Dunzo

I'm officially one-half of a master (of English)! School is finished for the semester, and I start my summer job bright and early on Monday. I don't know what to do with myself now that school is out. I honestly can't remember the last time I had absolutely nothing to do. Sure, there were times this semester that I had free time because I chose to procrastinate, but this time my days are a blank slate. It's a weird feeling.

This school year has gone even better than I imagined. When I started grad school last semester, I wasn't sure what to expect. During undergrad, I had been residing over in English Education Land for so long that I hadn't taken a real English class in three semesters, and I wondered if I could make it. I also worried about making new friends. Fat Tuesday had disbanded, and three members of the group moved to different corners of Texas. Even though two other girls stayed in Abilene, I knew things wouldn't be the same. My first week of grad school was terrifying, and the initial transition was pretty rough. But I finally hit my stride mid-semester, and it's been a wonderful (albeit sometimes stressful) ride. I am so blessed to have made so many wonderful new friends. I successfully made it through two semesters of grad school, and I'm so proud of myself and my scholarship. Only two semesters to go!

Wanna know one of the best parts of my new-found freedom? Now I get to read what I want to read! First on the list: Into Thin Air by John Krakauer.

1 comment:

Kalyn Gensic said...

Congrats Erin! I've been missing Fat Tuesday. It's time for a heavy dose of girl talk to make up for lost time. Enjoy your new found free time!