Thursday, May 22, 2008

So Keep on Comin', these Lines on the Road

As I survey the ground for ants,
Looking for a place to sit and read,
I'm reminded of the streets of my hometown
And how they're much like this concrete that's warm beneath my feet.

And how I'm all wrapped up in my mother's face,
With a touch of my father just up around the eyes,
And the sound of my brother's laugh,
But more wrapped up in what binds our ever-distant lives.

But if I must go,
Things I trust will be better off without me.
But I don't want to know,
'Cause life is better off a mystery.

I love these lyrics. They just seem to fit.

1 comment:

hbu said...

Erin!

This was my favorite song when I'd sit outside my dorm in Kenya in Fall 2001. I was like, "He wrote this song for me! I have a mother, a father and a brother!" Although, I think your brother beats my brother for the title, "Most Memorable Laugh." My mom has started calling it his trademark.

Love you and miss you!

Heather