Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Ta-da!

Here's a picture of our first-ever Christmas tree! The ornaments are a little sparse, but that's because I'm too cheap to buy any new ones. I figure we'll collect more ornaments over the years, which will make decorating the tree even more special.

I know my updates have been sporadic lately, but end-of-semester papers have currently taken over my life. I think I can hear an evil laugh from them in the background somewhere... Thankfully everything will be finished and turned in very soon, and I can finally enjoy a well-deserved rest.

We'll be in Abilene for most of my break from school (except for two quick trips to Sugar Land and San Antonio to have Christmas with family), since Brendan's work has mandatory black-out days for the holidays (lasting from Thanksgiving to New Year's) where no one can use their vacation time or take off. Don't feel sorry for me, though. While Brendan's at work I plan on sleeping in, watching copious amounts of CSI, and finally reading books that I chose to read. Ahhhh. I also intend to visit some out-of-town friends, and hang out with my parents in San Antonio for a few days.

Let the countdown begin!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Awww...your tree is so cute, and I love your stockings! Good luck on your papers. Miss you!