Monday, December 29, 2008

365 Days

Brendan and I celebrate our one-year anniversary today, which is surreal. I can't believe it's been a year. My life before I married Brendan seems a million miles away, but it still feels like we haven't been married that long. Exactly one year ago, I was sitting in the hair salon getting my hair and make-up done with my bridesmaids, so ready to get to the church to see Brendan. The next morning, we flew to Disney World for a fantastic honeymoon. Brendan and I were talking the other day about our plans for New Year's Eve this year, and we agreed that nothing we'd do would be as exciting as New Year's Eve last year.

I'll probably be way too sentimental today, but I don't care. While it feels good to be sentimental about events like your wedding, I know it's not everything. It's so tempting to hold every memory of our marriage up to our wedding day to see how they compare. While one needs to cherish those special events, it's important to look to the future and make more memories, which is what I look forward to doing year after year.

No comments: