Saturday, March 21, 2009

Maybe That's Why You Struggle with Critical Thinking

I didn't teach class on Wednesday because Brendan and I went to Fort Worth for the day to visit baby Allison. I sent my class an e-mail on Tuesday night saying that someone else would teach class on Wednesday because my sister-in-law had a baby and I was going out of town to visit her.

I had this conversation with a student in class when I returned on Friday:

Student: I'm glad you're back. Hey, did you have a baby while you were gone?

Me: Um, no. My sister-in-law had a baby, and that's why I was gone on Wednesday.

Student: Oh. Sorry. I guess I didn't read the e-mail closely.

Me: Guess not.

Keep in mind that this is a college student who's had class with me for three days a week since January. Now I know why he has trouble turning in his homework on time.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Haha! This made me laugh so hard. Especially because there is NO WAY anyone could ever think you were at all pregnant. You're so thin! Wow...just, wow.