Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Tonight was the most fun I've had in a while. I got together with two of my very favorite people, Kayla and Em, to have some girl time. We originally planned on going to Cold Stone, but since it's about thirty degrees outside, we opted for something a little warmer. We were at Starbucks for a while, just catching up and laughing. The three of us have been so busy with school and work that we haven't been able to get together since I got back from the honeymoon. It felt so good to spend time with them. They're my last connection to college, part of a six-person group called Fat Tuesday. The six of us, including me, spent almost every Tuesday night during the last two years of college together. We took turns cooking meals at each other's houses, spent untold hours laughing and being silly together, and provided support systems for each other during hard times. Brendan even involved them in his proposal. Since graduation in May, we've gradually scattered across Texas; Kalyn has a home in Frisco, Carolyn's teaching in Lewisville, and Brittany's studying law in Lubbock. In the summer, Em and Kayla will also move away, leaving me in Abilene. As hard as it will be to let them go, I think I'm okay with it. We six obviously can't live in the same town together forever, but we have that kind of connection where, even if we haven't seen or spoken to each other in months, that relationship is just the same. I'm very blessed.



I'm going home this weekend to look at wedding pictures! Brendan can't come because he couldn't get off work, so I'm heading home tomorrow morning to San Antonio. I'll definitely miss him, but at the same time it'll be nice to spend some one-on-one time with my mom and dad. Also, I'll have a chance to spend some of the wedding credit that's been burning up in my wallet for some things that we didn't get from our registries. Pots and pans, here we come!

I've been itching to get some pictures of the duplex on here, but unfortunately our place is still under construction. Almost all of our stuff is unpacked and in its place, but we still have a few things to do like hang pictures and the like. Also, our guest room is currently the Junk Room. We're planning on buying a mattress for our bedroom and moving our current bed into the Guest Room (its new name). As soon as that happens and we get the room all nice and pretty, I'll get some official duplex pictures posted. So, to satisfy your hunger, here's a picture of the dinner table from the first real meal we ate at the house. Hopefully I'll have some real wedding pics to put up here when I get back!


2 comments:

Kayla said...

Awww...I had fun, too! We need to get together more often, now that wedding craziness is over. I loved seeing your little place. Very classy!

Kalyn Gensic said...

Reading this is making me miss all you girls. I'm going to try to make it down for Sing Song. I may not actually go to Sing Song, but I do want to hang out with everyone either before or after.

Have fun looking at wedding pics! When do we get to see them?