Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just Doing Their Civic Duty

(Apologies for all the recent moving-related posts; it's just been on my mind lately.)

Moving day is quickly approaching, so Brendan and I are attempting to slowly gather all the essentials needed for the big day. My mom and grandmother are coming to town on Sunday to help us begin the slow, arduous task of packing, so boxes are the first item on the list. We've been on the hunt for them lately, but it's easy to put that type of thing on the back burner. Well, we happened upon a fortuitous find this evening.

I had heard that Pinkie's, the local liquor store, offered free boxes. My freshman year roommate had hit them up before moving out of the dorm; most of her boxes were (humorously) labeled "Jack Daniels" or "Grey Goose Vodka." However, I wasn't sure if they still offered free boxes, or if they gave them out at all, but we ventured there this evening, hoping to get lucky. Once inside, I hesitantly asked the clerk if they had any extra boxes that we could use, not wanting to be a bother. He kindly led us to the stock room, where we had our pick of their superfluous shipping boxes. All in all, we ended up with about a dozen of them, which is wonderful. I also take (juvenile) pleasure in the fact that our moving boxes say "Beringer Wine" and "Tito's Handmade Vodka."

I'd like to meet this Tito.

It's too bad that the boxes weren't accompanied by the
corresponding liquor. (Jk, people.)

So, thanks, Pinkie's, for generously supplying us with moving boxes, and myriad jokes about their labels.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Haha, I also hit up Pinkie's when I moved out after graduation. When Dad came to pick me up, he was like, "Umm, Britt, how much did ya'll drink this semester?"

Kalyn Gensic said...

If you still don't have enough boxes, go to Walmart at around 1 o'clock in the morning. That's how BJ and I got our boxes last year.