Monday, July 20, 2009

Waxing Nostalgic

Moving Day is scheduled for Friday, so all I seem to think (or talk or dream) about these days is bubble wrap, cardboard boxes, and moving vans, as evidenced by my last five or so blog posts. All of this packing has got me nostalgic about my little duplex, and even though we're upgrading to a larger and nicer apartment, I'll very much miss the place I currently call home. So, please indulge me as I recount some of my fondest memories of 1740 Lincoln:

1. Senior year dinners with Fat Tuesday around the white Ikea coffee table

2. Brendan saying "I love you" for the first time on the front porch

3. Living with Smay, the best roommie a girl could ask for

4. Arriving home from our honeymoon to our first home as a married couple

Our homes are often tangible reminders of our life experiences, built around the memories we made while we resided in them. And as ugly as my duplex is, as excited as I am for a newer and nicer place, it will always remain special to me because of the life I lived there.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Awww...sweet! We all lived in some pretty sketchy places during our time in Abilene, but we had so much fun in them!