Friday, July 31, 2009

New City, New Apartment

I've lived in the apartment for one week now, and I can officially say that we're all moved in. Art and curtains are hung on the walls, everything is organized, and it feels a little more like home everyday. So, enjoy a tour of my new place... and prepare yourself for copious amounts of pictures.

This is the view from the front door into the living room (and a bit of the dining room). Luckily, all of the furniture fits nicely, albeit snugly, into the new space.


More living room, as viewed from the dining room. Sadly, the lovely fireplace had to be covered up by the television. But what I want to know is, who needs a fireplace in San Antonio?


Here's the dining room. Happily, I finally have enough space to put all four chairs around the table. Yesss.


Next, take a gander at the kitchen, which happens to be an amazing space. Why, you ask? It contains a dishwasher, endless counter and cabinet space, a pantry, a working stove... the list could go on and on. Basically, it's head and shoulders above my old duplex kitchen.


We have some adorable built-in book shelves between the kitchen and dining room, the perfect place for narcissistically displaying all of those wedding photos! (Jk, people.)


Another perk of this apartment is the second bathroom. The days of "calling" the bathroom after coming home from a road trip are history.


The lovely guest room


Our bathroom (which was hard to get a good picture of).


And finally, our bedroom. The curtains are my favorite.


So, now that you've seen the apartment, you know you want to come visit me!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Beautiful! I love it!

And I am sooo jealous of the 2nd bathroom. How is it that Darby always gets in the bathroom 2 seconds ahead of me?

Aja Speights said...

I love it--the built in bookshelves are awesome! Hopefully we will get to come visit you soon and see the new place! Glad to see you guys are doing well. :)